Miriam Tamara Derman, RN, LAc, Diplomate OM, DTR
Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Shiatsu, Reiki
As an acupuncturist, herbalist and nurse, Miriam Tamara, combines her expertise in oriental medicine, shiatsu bodywork, Reiki and Western medicine into a unique therapeutic prescription just right for you. With a compassionate attitude and a wealth of knowledge of health and healing, she enjoys treating a wide range of problems from pain to prevention. With past experience in psychiatric nursing and dance movement therapy, areas of interest include mental and emotional disharmonies and gastrointestinal disorders. She also offers facial rejuvenation treatments based on the Mei Zen methodology to help you look and feel your best. She has studied the Heart Center with Brugh Joy, MD, and focuses on supporting patients as they transition to improved health.
- Licensed by the State of Illinois in acupuncture
- Faculty, Zen Shiatsu Chicago, Evanston
- Nationally Board Certified Diplomate in Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs by the NCCAOM
- MSTOM: Master of Science in Traditional Oriental Medicine from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, Chicago
- Graduate of Ohashi Institute specializing in Shiatsu
- AOBTA Certified Practitioner
- Licensed RN, State of Illinois
- BS in Nursing, University of Illinois
- MA in Dance Movement Therapy, Registered Dance Movement therapist, Columbia College, Chicago
- Certified Reiki Level II: Japanese Healing Touch
- Certified NAET (Nambudripad’s Allergy Elimination Techniques) practitioner
Miriam Tamara studied floral design at the Chicago School of Flower Design, completing both the Professional and the Master’s class with Michael Gaffney. She enjoys designing with an aesthetic that accentuates the loveliness of any occasion or space. Her designs are conceived and crafted with originality and to the specific requirements of the event. She creates unique floral designs for weddings and events.