Miriam Tamara Derman, RN, LAc, Diplomate OM, Diplomate ICEAM, DTR
Acupuncture, Chinese Herbs, Shiatsu, Reiki
As an acupuncturist, herbalist and nurse, I, Miriam Tamara, combine Chinese medicine, Shiatsu bodywork, Reiki and Western medicine into a unique therapeutic combination just right for you. With a compassionate attitude and knowledge of health and healing, I enjoy treating a wide range of issues from pain to prevention. With past experience in psychiatric nursing and dance movement therapy, areas of interest include a focus on stress alleviation to prevent mental and emotional disharmonies. I also offer a Mei Zen (BEAUTIFUL PERSON) facial rejuvenation treatment series to help you look and feel the best. I have studied the Heart Center with Brugh Joy, MD, and the HeartMath technique and I focus on advising and supporting with steps to improved health and well-being.
- Licensed in Acupuncture in Illinois and Florida
- Licensed RN, State of Illinois
- Nationally Board Certified Diplomate in Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs by the NCCAOM
- Diplomate of ICEAM (Institute of Classics in East Asian Medicine)
- MSTOM: Master of Science in Traditional Oriental Medicine-Pacific College of Oriental Medicine, Chicago
- BS in Nursing, University of Illinois
- MA in Dance Movement Therapy, Registered Dance Movement therapist, Columbia College, Chicago
- Graduate of Ohashi Institute specializing in Shiatsu
- Former Faculty at Zen Shiatsu
- Certified Reiki Level II: Japanese Healing Touch
- Certified NAET ( Nambudripad Allergy Elimination Techniques) practitioner
- Director of the Calm Hospital Program at the Luster Learning Institute teaching mindfulness and self-care practices to hospital staff
Other interests: Floral Design and Wedding Planning and Coordination, Dance, Reading, Singing, long road trips, the beach, my kids and my new grandson Theo!!